We have the following year-round opportunities for new members to join the teams now to plan and prepare for the Rhythms of the World 2014 festival:
Sponsorship provides a vital income source and we are looking to find someone to take over the management and administration of our sponsors. The candidate should have good IT skills and will be working as part of the Income Group team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our existing sponsors, upselling them where possible
- Identify potential key sponsors in the area, generate leads for new sponsors and approach them for support
- Negotiate an individual sponsorship package relevant to each sponsor and manage their expectations
- Be available to respond to sponsor’s queries throughout the year
- Prepare sponsorship package, liaise with other ROTW teams to ensure that sponsorship agreements are delivered and deadlines are met
- Arrange for coordination of poster distribution in Hitchin and surrounding areas prior to the festival
- Manage sponsorship of the event, ensuring that agreed packages are delivered
Working as part of the Income Group, you will be responsible for applications to trusts and foundations for grants. You should have good communication skills, particularly written, and display attention to detail in research and written communication. Ideally you should have experience of applying for funding in the charitable sector and be able to dedicate time to this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research suitable sources of funding to approach
- Complete grant applications
- Ensure that all successful grants are followed up and that funders are sent progress reports
- Understand the needs of ROTW and how this may fit with grant giving bodies
- Write funding proposals in a way that best ‘sells’ ROTW and presents the best opportunity for successful applications
HEAD OF INCOME GROUP – Assistant/Job Share
We are looking for someone to assist and work alongside the current Head of Income, who is responsible for supporting and motivating the team which raises income from sponsorship, advertising, grants, fundraising, stalls, bars, merchandising and pre-ticket sales.
This role will involve attending monthly meetings of both the income group and the committee, following up on actions, communicating and supporting the income team as well as liaising with other group leaders and trustees.
Advertising is an important source of income and we need advertising coordinator(s) to manage this activity.
Ideally you will be outgoing, a good verbal communicator, have good sales skills and enjoy selling by phone or in person. Ideally you will have telephone sales experience.
- Generate leads for new advertisers and approach them for support
- Research potential businesses and organisations for advertising opportunities
- Sell advertising space and upsell where possible to generate revenue for sponsorship
- Coordinate advertising and ensure that agreed packages are delivered
- Work with the Advertising team to invoice and collect payments due within agreed timescales
ROTW fundraising events are for the purposes of generating income, whilst promoting the festival and recruiting volunteers. The Fundraising Coordinator would be responsible for generating fundraising ideas and carrying them through. The ideal candidate would have experience of planning and executing events, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate and create fundraising ideas to be approved by the Income Group
- Organise all aspects of the event from set up to execution
- Liaise with relevant ROTW groups to promote and run the event
NATIONAL PRESS LIAISON
Our Communications team is looking for a skilled PR person to liaise with national press to spread the word about ROTW. You would be working on this as part of the existing team and it may be useful if you have some spare time during the day.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Making contacts with reporters
- Writing and chasing press releases
VOLUNTEERS RECRUITMENT TEAM
We are looking for people to join the Volunteers team to help to promote volunteering for ROTW within the local community. You should have experience of, and be enthusiastic about, the festival and be confident talking about it in public. Contacts with local community organisations, sports/social groups or through your workplace would be useful.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support in organising and helping with recruitment events, including poster distribution
- Identify opportunities to widen the volunteer base by promoting the festival, for example by giving talks to local groups. We are keen to increase our profile in schools, community groups, with ethnic groups, the disabled and older people as well as with local businesses.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies, or would like to know more, please contact Jo on 07879 487445 or Alison on 07834 363626, or email the Volunteering team.
Perhaps you might like to get involved in some other way – or you might like to discuss where your skills and interests could fit into our teams. If you are interested, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we are a charity and the team is made up entirely of volunteers.