ROTW IS YOUR FESTIVAL…
People of all ages, cultures and backgrounds united in enjoyment of a single event. It is the largest free festival of world music in the UK and it takes place in the streets of Hitchin:
- Now in its 14th year
- Highlight of the Hitchin Festival
- 140 performances with over 700 performers on eight stages
- Projected audience of 25,000
- A registered charity organised by local volunteers
- Funded by sponsorship, grants, stall lets, and merchandise sales.
The aims of the festival are:
- Provide a bridge of common interest between different age, race, ability and economic groups through community activity. It is a "world" music festival of cultural exchange on a local as well as international level.
- Provide new opportunities for people to engage in community activity, with an emphasis on young people.
- Promote the arts.